Thursday, August 20, 2015

12 - Short hair, don't care

                                           

So last, April 2015 and since I was child I was used to have those long, straight black-brown hair. I was afraid of making it short because I don't know whether it looks good on me. But when I decided to cut it last May 2015. I was surprised and I was like "Is this me?" "Who is that girl on my mirror." I was so thankful that it really looks good on me. Not only I cut it short, I decided to curl it for something new since at that moment I was about to step into another chapter in my life which is College life.
 
A lot of girls tend to trip up over the idea of cutting all of their locks off, but who knows? It could turn out to be one of the best decisions you’ve ever made! I personally love having short hair. Let me tell you about the wonderful perks that come with it!
 
1) It takes no time to maintain or style
All I ever have to do is rearrange my bangs a little and throw in a smidge of hair product. Ultimate time-saver!

2) Hair products last FOREVER
Whether it’s a spritz of hairspray or a pinch of styling paste your products will last for a long time. You can buy salon quality products and brands and not feel guilty about it because that $30 bottle of conditioner will last for YEARS.

3) Dyeing hair isn’t an issue
If the color of your hair is off after a dye job you can just chop it off and try again. You can also do a lot of different colors because A) less hair, less time B) less hair, more product and C) frequent hair cuts, fresh slates.

4) Having less hair leaves your face open
You can do more with your makeup because there is less focus on your hair. It makes using makeup fun because you can get more creative with it without being too over-the-top.
 
5) Less worries about the weather fucking up your hairstyle
Even humidity can only do so much damage to a short hairstyle. The weather can’t mess up your hair if you don’t have much to mess with! Even if your hair does get a bit wavy it end up looking like you wanted it that way.
 
6) Short hair is absolutely adorable
 
7) You can try all sorts of cool cuts and styles
With my length of hair I tend to get my hair cut anywhere between 2-4 months. The frequent cuts allows me to try new styles often, and it’s nice to have a fresh new look throughout the year.
 
8) You can feel the wind
I live in a hot region of the world where hair is simply too much in this heat. Even when my pixie cut grows out just an inch and a half I can feel the heat. After a fresh cut I can feel the wind on my face, neck, ears…it’s perfect in the summertime (and if it gets cold in the winter pop on a hat!)
 
9) No more tangles
I genuinely forgot tangles were even a thing until I roomed with a girl with incredibly long hair. I’m not one who has the time or energy for that. Are you?
 
10) Hair emergencies are easily dealt with
Pixie cuts can be restyled in a matter of seconds. The longest it has ever taken me to style my hair is five minutes and that’s because I had to go through my hair with a hair straightener. Pop in a little hair product, re-ruffle those locks and you’re good to go!
 
11) You will feel sassier and sexier.Cutting off your hair is not only liberating, but it can make your confidence level skyrocket, too. Embrace and play up your features: It is more than just about your hair, so let your personality shine through.
 
12) You will look younger.A shorter style will give an instant lift to your face, showing off your cheekbones, your smile, your eyes—well, you name it. With a cropped cut, your natural beauty can really come through more so than when you constantly have your long mane taking center stage.
 
 
SHORT HAIR DON'T CARE



 

1 comment: